Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Whimsy Stamps May Release Day 1

Welcome to Day 1 of May's release of clear & rubber stamps, dies and stencils at the Whimsy Stamps store

I am not normally one to use 'biker' style images on my cards, but this clear stamp set really spoke to me. It is called 'Bad to the Bone'.

I found this card idea on Pinterest and thought it would work perfectly for this stamp set. I love how it has turned out!
(Here is the link: https://pin.it/aqxpz2zm4ajn7h)


I used a standard A2 black card base, cutting out a panel in the front and replacing it with a thick transparency. I stamped the bike image on the front of this using Stazon black ink.

I stamped the sentiment from the set using fossilized amber distress oxide. I didn't want the sentiment to pop out too much, so I quite like the subtle tone this ink gave me.

I cut out a panel of white cardstock to add to the centre of the card and masked off the middle section for inking. I blended fossilized amber and fired brick distress oxides together for the background. I then stamped the 'bike track' using just water on the stamp and then blotting off the excess with a paper towel. This lifts the distress oxide from the paper. I inked up some more paper and stamped the American Motors shield on top. I fussy cut this out and added it to the front of the card.

Don't forget about this month's Customer Appreciation Stamp Set - free to all customers who spend $75 or more on a single retail order in the Whimsy Store!


You have just got to see what the rest of the Whimsy Rubber Team Designer Divas have created with the stamps, dies and stencils. Go check out the Whimsy Stamps & Inspiration Facebook Page and the Whimsy Inspirations Blog
and leave them a little love. 

Thanks for looking!

Happy crafting


bad to the bone display.jpeg
      

No comments:

Post a Comment