Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Flip Flop cards using Whimsy Stamps Metal Dies

So it's my turn to post on the Whimsy Stamps blog, and I thought I would do a quick tutorial on how to make 'flip flop' cards using any metal shape dies you have at hand.

I used the 'Hand Stitched Nested Rectangle' die for my flip flop card. My card is 5" x 5 1/2". 
I folded the card and used washing tape to secure my die into the middle of the front of the card.


The key to making flip flop cards is to NOT cut out the whole of the die. You only need to cut out half of the die. To do this, position your card so that the piece you don't want to cut is hanging off the edge of the cutting plates. You only need to cut the half of the die NEAREST the fold of your card.


Once it has been cut it should look like the photo underneath. It took me many mistakes to get this right!!


You then need to fold the card back on itself as below. Now it's time to decorate!


I used a number of stamps and dies from Whimsy Stamps for my finished card.


I used the Hand Stitched Nested Rectangle die to cut out another kraft rectangle to fit over the 'flap' - just because I wanted to make it a little more sturdy (this is not necessary - just my personal preference).
I then cut out the 'Cherry Blossom Panel' which fit perfectly on the front panel.
The flower is made using the 'Build a Poinsettia Die' - who says this flower is just for Christmas??
The sentiment is from the 'Scripty Occasions' stamp set.
I added some 'Christmas Cheer' enamel dots to finish off the flower and add a little interest to the rest of the card.

I hope these instructions make sense!!
And remember - you can use any of your shaped die's to make the 'flip flop' card!

Thanks for looking!
Happy Crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment