Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Pot Pourri & Candles Gift Set

My favorite color at Christmas time is definitely red! It just shouts out Christmas. I am making neighbor gifts this year, as we have just bought our own house and are getting to know our new neighborhood.

I love candles and pot pour at Christmas, so I decided this would be a perfect gift. Here is the finished version:


The super cute gift tag was made using 'Santa's Winking Star' from Sassy Cheryl's Stamps.
I love the frame around the image as it makes for a perfect gift tag.



I used an old jam jar and filled it with some Christmas red pot pour. I cut and frayed the burlap, and then used my hot glue gun to fix it to the candles and jar.


I covered the edge of the jar lid with twine, again using my glue gun to ensure good adhesion. I made a rosette to place on the lid of the jar - super easy! Cut a strip of paper, score it at every 1/2" and fold it forwards and backwards. Glue the ends together and flatten down - voila! A small sticker placed in the centre just covers the middle.


I purchased the red decoration from the floral department in Michaels. I pulled it all apart and made smaller arrangements to decorate the gifts. Some patterned paper from Teresa Collins, and some twine finished the decorations off.


Thanks for looking!
Happy Crafting :)



No comments:

Post a Comment