Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cute Card Thursday - Something Blue


Our theme at Cute Card Thursday this week is 'Something Blue'.
As always, we welcome your own interpretation.  
I used 6x6 papers from Authentique's 'Original' collection. These were just perfect for my son's 13th birthday card. I can't believe he will be a teenager next week! I found this awesome image from Mo's Digital Pencil store - it looks just like my son who is constantly texting the girlfriend! I colored the image using my prismacolor pencils - beginning to really enjoy the coloring again! I added the speech bubbles and put my own 'text' into them to mimic his phone - HBDAY (obviously Happy Birthday) and HAGD (Have a great day). I also hand stitched around the layers and curled up the banners for added dimension. 

(The dark colors are actually a dark blue!)

I have added a pocket for money inside - the only thing teenagers ever seem to want! And 2 more text messages - HAK (hugs and kisses) and YLM&F (your loving Mother & Father!!) I searched the internet for these messages - I SO can't do the short hand - we'll see if he can work them out!!! LOL!



We are sponsored this week by Whiff of Joy, a great prize as always! 
Hope you can join us!

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:
Scrapbook Steals Monday Craft Madness #24 - add dimension
Papercrafts Connection Gallery Idol - birthday cards for a teens and kids
Mo Manning's challenge #184 - clean & simple (I think this qualifies??!!)

3 comments:

  1. Fanatastic card, so perfect for a 13year old! Love the shorthand, glad you interpreted the inside ones, I did work out the front!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your stitching looks amazing. Great job and a really fun guy card. So glad you could play along with our CAS challenge this week at Mo's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pocket on the inside! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete