Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Christmas cards!

Yes - you heard it right - I am actually get ahead of myself and making Christmas cards in NOVEMBER! Very unlike me I know - but these have to go the UK! Need to get them in the post soon!
I decided to take on the weekly challenge at Studio Calico's blog and make a trio of cards. Use the same layout but switch things up by using different papers and embellishments. Here are my 3 cards:

For this first card I used SC's 6x6 paper pad, studio g extra fine tinsel glitter, children's gold glitter glue, a recollections sentiment stamp, a holiday charm and a lollipop stick! Here is a closer look:

For the second card, I again used a SC 6x6 paper pad. I used a watermark stamp pad with Martha Stewart's snowflake stamps, which I then covered with 'snow' embossing powder and used my heat gun on it to make the snowflakes really stand out. I then did the same thing with the sentiment stamp (from Sweet Stamp Shop), dry embossed the white card using a snowflake embossing folder and added a little stitching around the circle.  The metal charm finished the card off! Here is a close up:

The last card has got to be my favorite out of the three!!!! I just LOVE this cute owl stamp and new I had to use it. As I was going on the Christmas theme I decided he would look SO cute with a Santa hat on! (the metal Santa hat comes from the same set of holiday charms). The owl stamp is from Hero Arts and I decided I would challenge myself to complete their color combo challenge using this card! Here is the color combo:

I used SC 6x6 papers, a Hero Arts owl stamp (which I heat embossed and paper pieced) and a sentiment stamp from Sweet Stamp Shop.
And here is the card:

No comments:

Post a Comment