Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Scrapbook Steals & Authentique 'Glory' collection


I can't believe this will be my last post as Scrapbook Steals Summer Design Team - the 3 months has just flown by! I'm not ready for it all to end! Anyway - the awesome Brittany Perry and Kristy Lee from Scrapbook Steals gave me another paper collection to play with - Authentique 'Glory' collection - with the instructions 'non-patriotic'! This was quite easy for me as we have only lived in the USA for 2 years and I don't have lots of 'patriotic' photos to scrap!
It just so happened that my daughter has begun gymnastics - of course you know girls - they just HAVE to have the best leotard! The one she chose matched perfectly with this collection! I used Authentique's current sketch challenge for the layout, and added the stickers and quotes from the 12x12 detail sheet. As you can see, the quotes and stickers don't just have to be for the 4th of July celebration - they can be adapted perfectly for any situation.



The next thing I decided to make was an altered birdhouse! I love these things - they have become a bit of an obsession for me! Once I looked through the 'Glory' collection, I decided that the reds and creams gave me a feeling of Christmas! So I went with the Christmas theme! Again I used the papers and border stickers from the collection - the 'holiday cheer' I thought was perfect and comes from the individual word stickers found in the collection. A touch of holly and snow and voila!



And last but not least - this is DEFINITELY my favorite altered project to date! I decided to alter a drawer set! You know the plain wooden ones you get from Michaels? I painted it, then crackle painted it and finally went over it with some distress ink - then to start decorating it with the Authentique papers! There are SO many different patterned papers in this collection it was hard to choose! I kept it quite simple, inking the edges of each paper and then finishing it off with the 'be creative' title on the top. This is going to be sitting on my desk for inspiration! I even used a couple of the stickers from the collection on the ends of the cotton reels - cute!

I am also entering this drawer set into the September Challenge 'Anything Goes' challenge over on Unique Crafters Challenge Blog.

Thank you SO much Scrapbook Steals, Brittany Perry and Kristy Lee for allowing me to be on the Summer Design Team! I've had such a blast and will miss it greatly! I hope I've managed to inspire a few people along the way - and of course - hit that STEAL button!

Scrapbook Steals have the best scrapbooking supplies in their online shop, with daily steals at 9am and 9pm MDT, and lots of inspiration, ideas and challenges on their blog.
Go check them out!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally in awe of your amazing projects this week, those drawers are so gorgeous, you have shown perfectly how versatile those papers are!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete